Get to Know Me Better!
Hey fellow heels!
This is a short Q&A about me, Madison, so you can get to know me a little better. I am the student coordinator for Arts Everywhere so you’ll see me around a lot! I hope you decide to keep reading this blog (please…*puppy dog eyes*) and stay up to date on what’s going on in the arts community and with Arts Everywhere!
1. Describe Carolina Blue to someone who’s never seen it.
Imagine if victory were a color. That’s Carolina Blue.
2. What is Arts Everywhere’s mission?
It’s simple–bring the arts to everyone and everywhere! No matter who you are, no matter what you eat, you can be a part of the arts at Carolina. You, yes you, can spread the arts on campus too and makes sure everyone gets a chance to experience them.
3. Who is your favorite artist?
That’s a hard question, and I can’t really pick. If I had to, I would say Yayoi Kusama. I’ve just recently found her work and I love the polka dot inspiration. If I’m ever feeling uncreative I just need to look at one of her bright, bold creations.
4. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
Hmm…let me think… Well I have one incident, but that was more embarrassing than funny (for me, I mean) and no one must know. Ever! *whispers* Burn the evidence.
5. What about Arts Everywhere’s mission motivates you?
Hmm…The fact that we’re trying to make the arts a collective experience. Oftentimes, it seems secluded and for certain people, and I love that we’re working to break that myth and show people that the arts are not for this secluded sect, but they’re open for everyone to enjoy. Like last year, when we had the pianos out, that was awesome! I mean where else can you find such open, experiential arts interactions.
6. You’ve been given a Carolina ram. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the ram?
I would parade it on a float that would go around Duke’s campus and blare “Hark the Sound” from loudspeakers. It would be a sight to behold. *grins*
7. How would you convince someone to join Arts Ambassadors if they didn’t want to do?
I would lay a trail of free pizza coupons that led the way to the meeting…haha! Kidding. No, but being completely serious, I would tell them about the amazing events, exhibitions, and pop-up events that Arts Ambassadors gets to create, and let them know that they could have a hand in shaping future arts interactions with UNC students.
8. A penguin walks through the door right now wearing an Art’s Everywhere T-shirt. What does he say and why is he here?
“REMEMBER, ARTS EVERYWHERE AND ARTS FOR EVERYONE!”
And he’s here to paint the town red.
Though, I feel like people would expect him to say, “THE CEILING IS THE ROOF,” or “WHO WON DA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPPPPPP?!”
9. If you woke up and had 2,000 unread outlook emails and could only answer 30 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer?
First, I would choose the ones that had free food listed in the description (As a first-year at UNC Chapel Hill, I never imagined that I would get so much free food on campus! I feel like they need to put that in the brochures because that is definitely a plus). Then, I would answer the ones that were from my professors or about my classes–obviously….but only after the free food ones, food is important.
Okay, that’s all heels! …This is probably way over the word count.
Keep it artsy,