Now in its fourth year, the Student Arts Innovation Grant, a grant program to encourage a more creative community by supporting the creation and presentation of arts projects by current Carolina students, continues to enhance the rich and varied cultural landscape throughout campus. We believe that the students behind these SAI grant projects have the artistic power to affect what our community looks like, moving society forward into a more just, emphatic, and innovative future, whilst contributing to the larger landscape of art at UNC in lasting and meaningful ways.
It is with great joy that we announce this year’s 2022 Student Arts Innovation Grant Winners!
- 1st Year Master’s Student at the Hussman School of Journalism and Communications: Visual Communication
- Project: A Visual Anthology of Me
- Description: “a series of fantastical and maybe not always accurate stories my family has told me through the narration of my very funny aunt whose first language is not English.”
- Read UNC.edu’s feature on Alex
Catherine Haas and The Globalist
- 2nd year Master’s Candidate of Global Studies
- Project: The Globalist
- Description: A campus publication that spotlights experiences and understandings of globalization, and promotes various modalities of knowing and expression. The Globalist will publish both artistic and academic works, including research papers and projects, as well as photography, videography, music, and visual art.
- Read the College of Arts & Science’s feature on this new publication
- 5th Year PhD candidate in the Department of Communication
- Project: Sensing Bodies In Common
- Description: an interactive and relational multi-sensory experience in which participants will be invited to move their bodies in creative and cooperative ways.
Are you a UNC student interested in applying for the Student Arts Innovation Grant? Peruse through the guidelines and application.