Now in its third year, the Student Arts Innovation Grant, a grant program to encourage a more creative community by supporting the creation and presentation of arts projects by current Carolina students, continues to enhance the rich and varied cultural landscape throughout campus. We believe that the students behind these SAI grant projects have the artistic power to affect what our community looks like, moving society forward into a more just, emphatic, and innovative future, whilst contributing to the larger landscape of art at UNC in lasting and meaningful ways.
It is with great joy that we announce this year’s 2021 Student Arts Innovation Grant Winners!
- Third year PhD Student in Biology
- Project: Jack and the Desert Serenade
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art
- Project: Intimate Economics
Intimate Economies was premiered in Spring 2021. Read more about the installation and performance here.
- Master of Fine Arts in the Department of Dramatic Art
- Project: Make It, Make Sense
William Matthew Svec
- Sophomore double major in Biology and Music
- Project: Intimate Distance